Assessing Technology Planning:
- Analyze Technology Needs: (http://www.ncrel.org/tplan/handbook/ana.htm)
needs assessment of how technology should address important learning goals in your school and community.
- Planning for Change and Technology: (http://www.nsba.org/sbot/toolkit/pfcnt.html)
processes and tools to assist you in leading change and planning for technology.
- Educational Technology Integration: (http://www.sun-associates.com/eval/sample)
a step-by-step approach to perform an effective technology evaluation.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology: (http://www.nist.gov/)
is a federal technology agency that develops and promotes measurement, standards, and technology.
- An Educator's Guide to Evaluating The Use of Technology in Schools and Classrooms: (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/EdTechGuide/index.html)
a guide was developed for the U.S. Department of Education by the American Institutes for Research in conjunction with its formative evaluation of the Technology Literacy Challenge Fund. It is intended as a tool for individuals who have little or no formal training in research or evaluation.
- Assessing a Technology Plan Before and After Implementation: (http://www.nsba.org/sbot/toolkit/atp.html)
provides information on how to assess the effectiveness and workability of a technology plan.
- Technology Planning for K-12 Education: (http://www.tcet.unt.edu/tek-plan.htm)
provides access to resources to help school districts to implement technology plans more effectively.
- Technology Integration Steps: (http://www.2learn.ca/mapset/new2net/10steps.html)
gives a technology integration plan in eight steps for you to keep in mind the resources you have available and your students' skills.
- Learning Through Technology Homepage: (http://www.ncrel.org/tandl/homepg.htm)
ideas on implementing technology (planning process, assessment, and resources), by NCREL.
- Ed Tech Needs Survey: (http://www.nctp.com/articles/assess.pdf)
Adobe Acrobat (PDF) document from the National Center for Technology Planning (NCTP).
- Internet & Networking: (http://scrtec-ne.unl.edu/SCRTECNE/TechTopics/fisher1.html)
a guide from SCRTEC-Nebraska
- Nebraska RTEC: (http://SCRTEC-NE.unl.edu/SCRTECNE/Planning.html)
Technical Planning & Support.
- Resources for Technology Planning and Evaluation: (http://www.sun-associates.com/resources/evalpln.html)
annotated links collected by Sun Associates.
- Sample Needs Assessment: (http://www.tcet.unt.edu/START/assess/needs1.htm)
for Internet staff development.
Web Resources: (http://library.sonoma.edu/research/subject/eval.html)
offers concepts and questions to consider when assessing the accuracy and reliability of Web resources.
Web Resources: (http://www.widener.edu/Tools_Resources/ Libraries/Wolfgram_Memorial_Library/Evaluate_Web_Pages/659)
provides checklists and teaching materials to help evaluate the informational content of Web resources.
Web Sites: Criteria and Tools: (http://www.library.cornell.edu/olinuris/ref/research/webeval.html)
provides great links and resources.
on Evaluating Internet Resources: (http://www.lib.vt.edu/help/instruct/evaluate/evalbiblio.html)
an extensive list of Internet documents targeting issues related to teaching and using critical thinking skills in the evaluation of Internet resources.
the Quality of World Wide Web Resources: (http://www.valpo.edu/library/evaluation.html#whyis)
provides useful information on how to assess the accuracy of the information offered in a site from Valparaiso University.
Evaluating Web Resources: (http://www.wku.edu/Library/web-eval.htm)
by Western Kentucky University Library.
Quality on the Net: (http://www.hopetillman.com/findqual.html)
by Babson College Library.
Surveys for WWW Sites: (trackstar.4teachers.org/trackstar/ts/viewTrack.do?number=2478)
a TrackStar track for teachers.
Resource Evaluation: (http://www.widener.edu/sitedata/docs/evaluationrevised2005/ 877a6ecd6899913d4ff3edb0eeeeb97d/evaluationrevised2005.ppt)
a PowerPoint presentation from Widener University.
for Assessing Attitudes Toward Information Technology: (http://www.tcet.unt.edu/pubs/studies/index.htm)
a booklet for educators who wish to measure attitudes toward information technology.
in American Schools: Seven Dimensions for Gauging Progress: (http://www.mff.org/publications/publications.taf?page=158)
is intended for policymakers, educators, and technology directors to use as a road map when attempting to bring up the learning levels of students through technology.
Education at a Glance: (http://www.uidaho.edu/eo/distglan.html)
guides to understand distance education.
Effectiveness Of Educational Technology: Issues and Recommendations for the
National Study(Draft), May 9, 2003 (PDF file): (http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/os/technology/issues.pdf)
ideas from The Secretary's Conference on Educational Technology: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Technology on July 12-13, 1999, in Washington, D.C.
Educator's Guide to Evaluating the Use of Technology in Classrooms: (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/EdTechGuide/index.html)
a US Department of Education publication.
Anybody Learn Anything? (http://www.fno.org/dec95/simpletext.html)
an article on the need for independent technology assessment over the years.
Center for Education Statistics: (http://nces.ed.gov/help/)
Center for Education Statistics: (http://nces.ed.gov/conferences/)
conferences & training.
Times Demand New Ways of Learning: (http://www.ncrel.org/sdrs/edtalk/newtimes.htm)
NCREL article on finding appropriate indicators for measuring technology effectiveness.
- edweek.org (http://www.edweek.org/)
from Education Week.
an article from Electronic School Online.
June 99, assessing technology.
Technology to Support Educational Reform: (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/EdReformStudies/TechReforms/index.html)
a US Department of Education publication.
- ACOT's 10 Year Report: (http://www.apple.com/education/k12/leadership/acot/library.html)
by Apple Classrooms of Tomorrow.
- Computer Almanac: (http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/bam/www/numbers.html)
statistics on computer use.
- Falling Through the Net 2: (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/net2/)
a follow-up report on telephone and computer penetration rates nationwide.
- Fostering the Use of Educational Technology: Elements of a National Strategy: (http://www.rand.org/publications/MR/MR682/contents.html)
a RAND study.
- National Assessment of Educational Progress: (http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/sitemap.asp)
The Nation's Report Card.
- National Center for Education Statistics: (http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/)
publications search engine.
- Role of Online Communication in Schools: (http://www.tcet.unt.edu/research/rlonline.htm)
a national study by the Center of Applied Social Technology (CAST)
- Technology's Impact on Education: (http://www.nsba.org/sbot/toolkit/tne.html)
from the National School Board Association (NSBE).